Friday, November 19, 2010

How often do i have to change my clutch on my 2000 toyota echo?

When i shift it feels a like it gets stuck and i cant put it in 1st or 2nd or 3rd.How often do i have to change my clutch on my 2000 toyota echo?
Most likely it would not be your clutch that is causing hard shifts. Usually when a clutch goes out it causes the engine to rev and no power going to the wheels. I say usually, it is possible that the clutch disk has come apart and pieces are jamming together, but that is unlikely. Your problem sounds like either the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder is going bad. First thing to do is check the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder. If low, top it off with brake fluid, then bleed your clutch system. If that doesn't fix the problem, then check the adjustment. Your pedal should move about 1/4 inch before you start feeling the clutch. If it still isn't working, then change the clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder, refill with new brake fluid and bleed the air out.How often do i have to change my clutch on my 2000 toyota echo?
Have you been changing the transmission oil? Usually you don't change the clutch until it starts slipping (when you shift and press the gas and it goes nowhere for a second or 2).
try adjusting it first

No comments:

Post a Comment